ACCESSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE PLAN
The University of Toronto Students’ Union (UTSU) is committed to excellence in serving all members including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. The UTSU strives to communicate with its members, its activists, employer representatives and members of the public in a manner that is accessible. We are committed to providing equitable services for people of all abilities.
The UTSU welcome people with disabilities and their service animals.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person is welcome to have that support person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTION
The UTSU will notify members if there is a planned or unexpected disruption of a facility or service used by persons with disabilities to access our services.
This notice will be posted in a conspicuous place at the UTSU office and/or on the UTSU website and will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities for services if any are available.
The UTSU will provide accessibility training to all staff that engage with UTSU members. This training will be provided to all UTSU staff as soon as practicable.
Training will include:
• How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
• How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a guide dog or other service animal or the assistance of a support person;
• How to use equipment or devices available that may help with the provision of services to a person with a disability,
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Members can provide feedback in the following ways:
• In person at 12 Hart House Circle
• By telephone at 416-978-4911
• In writing to the University of Toronto Students’ Union, 12 Hart House Circle, Toronto, ON M5A 4R9
• Electronically to email@example.com