Frequently Asked Questions
You must apply for recognition each year. The application form and instructions are available here.
Recognition opens each year on April 1, and closes on March 1 of the next academic year. Approved recognition will last until April 30. No applications will be accepted between March 1 and March 31.
To be eligible for recognition, a group must have at least 30 members, 50 percent of which must be UTSU members.
A UTSU member is defined as any full-time undergraduate student at the St. George or Mississauga campus.
Being recognized by ULife means that you can use “University of Toronto”, or “UofT” in your groups’ name, as well as the ability to book space on St. George campus. These are important rights for a group to have to be established at the University of Toronto.
By being recognized, you can access the UTSU Clubs Services which include:
• Skills training sessions
• Membership development
• Free photocopying and printing
• Event planning, budgeting, and constitution consultation
• Mailing address and mail collection
• Free barbecue, coffee urn, water barrel rentals
• Lawn space for barbecues and events
• Promotional services
• Bulk purchasing of t-shirts and other swag
• Event insurance
Discounted Banner Printing
Application forms for all types of funding are available for download during the application periods. Each funding request must include a completed funding application form, budget template, and membership list.
We cannot issue a cheque to an individual. You must have a bank account in the your groups’ name, with at least two signing officers on the account. To open a bank account, you need to request a letter of recognition from the ULife Campus Groups Officer, or from the UTSU Clubs and Service Groups Coordinator once you have received UTSU clubs recognition.
Should your contact information change at any time, please send an email with the appropriate changes to firstname.lastname@example.org It is vital that we have the most up to date contact email for your group, as most important notices are delivered via email.
• 2016-2017 Club Recognition Application opens: April 1, 2016
• Summer Funding application deadline: TBA
• Funding Level 3 application deadline: TBA
• Funding Level 2 application deadline: TBA
• Funding level 1 application deadline: TBA
• Summer Funding 2017 application deadline:TBA
• Club Recognition Application for 2017-2018 opens: April 1, 2017
• Club Recognition expiration for 2017-2018: April 30th, 2018