(416) 978-4911 | ext. 221
12 Hart House Circle


Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)

Public financial assistance for students is offered primarily through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). For the most current information, contact your college or faculty registrar’s office, check the OSAP website (osap.gov.on.ca) or contact OSAP:

Toll Free: 1-877-672-7411 | TTY: 1-800-465-3958

To be eligible for OSAP, you must:

• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person (such as a convention refugee);
• be a resident of Ontario (non-residents must apply for the public financial assistance program in their home province);
• attend a school that is approved by OSAP;
• take at least 60 per cent of a full course load (or 40 per cent for students with a permanent disability);
• maintain satisfactory academic progress; and
• be able to demonstrate financial need.

You are not eligible for OSAP if:

• you have defaulted on student loan payments;
• you have failed a credit check;
• you have declared bankruptcy; or
• you are an international student.

If you receive funding through the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) or other income assistance programs, you should check with the appropriate government agency about receiving these benefits and OSAP at the same time.

Other criteria may apply to your application, visit the OSAP website for more information.

If you qualify for OSAP, please note that the University of Toronto will allow you to defer paying your tuition fees until your assistance arrives. However, interest will be applied to your balance. Visit the Financial Accounts section of sws.rosi.utoronto.ca for more information.

In September 2014, the University of Toronto will no longer be permitted to charge interest fees except in very specific circumstances. We will update this information as it becomes available.


Loading posts...